How much are my fish worth?

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
My light fixture on my 100 gallon has gone out, so I have to sell my fish to be able to afford the new one that I want... Starting from scratch.

I'm wondering how much each of these guys are worth(I'm in Northern California if that affects the price at all...)

A group of Eartheaters, 5 Geophagus Altifrons and 1 Satanoperca Jurupari. They are all over 1 year old and average about 6", maybe 7"

Delhezi Bichir about 6" inches

A group of 6 Angelfish(2 of the 6 have paired up) about 3"? That's just a guess.

They're all nice quality fish, you can see an older video of them here...they've gotten a bit bigger since this video was taken:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dTLYCOV1MQ

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
My light fixture on my 100 gallon has gone out, so I have to sell my fish to be able to afford the new one that I want... Starting from scratch.

I'm wondering how much each of these guys are worth(I'm in Northern California if that affects the price at all...)

A group of Eartheaters, 5 Geophagus Altifrons and 1 Satanoperca Jurupari. They are all over 1 year old and average about 6", maybe 7"

Delhezi Bichir about 6" inches

A group of 6 Angelfish(2 of the 6 have paired up) about 3"? That's just a guess.

They're all nice quality fish, you can see an older video of them here...they've gotten a bit bigger since this video was taken:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dTLYCOV1MQ
get a light bulb, fish aint worth the light.

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
Like I said, the fixture has died, so I have to get a new one...not just the bulb. I'm selling all these fish, just want to know what they are worth. I know the Geos are worth something because here they sell for $20 each at only a couple inches long.

IndyTexy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
Plainfield Indiana
I would think you could get 20$ for the bicher and 10-15 ea for the earth eaters. You could probably get 10-15 bucks for the group of angels.. It is all about putting them out there for sale and hopefully someone will want them. Good Luck.

probassfisher010

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2011
California
Just be patient and save/wait. I saw four 48" t5 sockets at a garage sale for 5$ each two weekends ago, my friend picked them up and work great. Also watch Craigslist, all sorts of fixtures pop up on there, a lot of the time free. When I was young I had a tank without a light for years and the fish were fine. Don't sell your pets for a non essential piece of equipment, and where there's a will there's a way.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Outlaw22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Backwoods
Just be patient and save/wait. I saw four 48" t5 sockets at a garage sale for 5$ each two weekends ago, my friend picked them up and work great. Also watch Craigslist, all sorts of fixtures pop up on there, a lot of the time free. When I was young I had a tank without a light for years and the fish were fine. Don't sell your pets for a non essential piece of equipment, and where there's a will there's a way.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

+1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store