Nimbochromis polystigma tank mates

aquaticgems

Feeder Fish
Aug 14, 2013
Queensland, Australia
Hi All,
We have a breeding colony of Nimbochromis polystigma, and was just wondering what tanks mates other people have with their polystimga breeding colony?
So far, have found a few different species that I'd like to put with them, but thought I'd see what everyone else has to say first.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Cheers,
Andrew

GVerde

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Chicago
They will be fine with peacocks, haps (moori dolphins, placidochromis species, etc.), predator haps. I don't have a polystigma but have a livingstoni which is very similar. My tank consist of mostly male predator haps (buccochromis, N. venusus, tyrannochromis, campsochromis). Also have a large frontosa, VC10, moori dolphin, placidochromis tanzanias, and several other species. They are all in a 220 G though. Your livingstoni may not breed with various varieties in there, especially if they are more dominant than them. You may want to look for more of the peaceful natured ones that won't compete with the polystigmas. Also depends on how large your tank is.

aquaticgems

Feeder Fish
Aug 14, 2013
Queensland, Australia
@GVerde,
Thanks for the info, I've been pretty much looking at Buccochromis varieties, Exochochromis anagenys and Rhamphochromis varieties. Also looking at Lichnochromis and Caprichromis. We already have some Tyrannochromis nigriventer and Champsochromis spilorhynchus, though it all comes down to availability.
Cheers,
Andrew

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store