New 3 Bar Indo Tiger

impala

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Toronto Canada
Found in a tank of 20-30 faded 4 bar IT's this one a very stable 3 bar, 3-4". Arrived home and was pleasantly surprised to see he was still stable !
Day 3 he stopped hiding and went for a carinvore disk, chewed it up, spat out half and ate the rest. The next few days he would go for sinking pellets, discs, and red tetra bits, but then not eat them. He totally ignores raw shrimp and Hikari floating Sticks.
I lack the testicular fortitude to go "eat or die" and after a 5 day fast I have been feeding blood worm/brine shrimp daily, which he snaps upSDC11321.JPGSDC11337.JPGSDC11339.JPGSDC11335.JPG.
What is a comfortable amount of days a 3-4" Dat can go without food, and should I try raw shrimp or go straight to pellets/disks ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

SDC11321.JPG

SDC11337.JPG

SDC11339.JPG

SDC11335.JPG

impala

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Toronto Canada
Thanks for the reply SickSauce,
I've been reading my way through numerous previous posts and have started marinading raw shrimp and Thera +A in bloodworm.
I'll update my post when this method is successful.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Nice 3 bars. I am so jealous. Give it time to let it settle. IT are not picky eater like NTT.

impala

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Toronto Canada
Nice 3 bars. I am so jealous. Give it time to let it settle. IT are not picky eater like NTT.
Ironically my former NTT (pictured in avitar) was pellet trained when I purchased it at 2.5 in. and stupidly sold at 12 in.

My 3 bar has been fed Thera+A and cut up raw shrimp marinated in blood worm for around a week. It has accidently eaten 1 piece of shrimp in that time and totally ignored shrimp otherwise. As of 3 days ago I introduced the Thera+A alone and he's eating/nibling away at it.

Today I'm going to start cutting up some Carnivore and feeding with the Thera+A. Hopefully he will start eating it sooner rather than later, and grow !

impala

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Toronto Canada
99% Success, he's eating Sinking Carnivore Pellets whole but only going for them as they sink, once the food hits the bottom it's ignored. Hopefully he'll figure it buy the time I switch over to Massivore Delite, then the next challenge will be getting him to eat Hikari Food sticks. So far anything floating is ignored too.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
He will eventually cave in and eat. IT dats are shy during feeding time. It's one of the main reason hobbyists loose interests fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store