Shipping Within Canada

Jakoba

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not so if I'm mistaken I apologize.

Recently I've been approached by several different people asking if I would be open to shipping some of my live fish to them. I'm all for the idea, but have never dealt with shipping live animals of any sort and have no idea how to go about shipping live animals.

So, my question is do any fellow Canadian MFKers have any experience shipping fish? Who did you ship through?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I know that you can just send them to the airport with a courier, and then they fly to their destination, are picked up by the courier again and then delivered to the address.
A guy I know did this with a Giant Schnauzer puppy that he got from eastern Canada and delivered here.

More than anything I just wish we could get online sites that sell fish and reptiles... I swear there is literally none unless you want to pay the 600 dollar fee from America

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
My wife has shipped live fish across Canada no problem. Get ahold of Air Canada or West Jet both will do this. Make sure you put some prime in the water to help take care of ammonia. The delivery will be next day to the buyer. Not real bad rates either don't trust a courier we had very bad luck with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store