Jardini Help please!

ngogsr

Feeder Fish
Oct 10, 2013
Houston
I have a 14 inch Jardini. Had him for several years water conditions have always been the same. Recently stopped eating and formed several bumps on his head/ would just lay on the bottom. Seems to swim more when I turn on the tank light. I do water changes every 2 weeks/ temp is good/ plenty of filtration and air. No other tank mates. any ideas what the bumps could be? appreciate any help

photo.JPG

Thanks!!!!!

photo.JPG

luscombe1959

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 11, 2013
Florida
Several years old and only 14inches. Water changes every two weeks sounds like a long time in between imo. What size tank is it in? I'm no expert but I feel like the bumps could be from years of poor water quality or some type of poor living condition.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ngogsr

Feeder Fish
Oct 10, 2013
Houston
Just eyeing he may be bigger. I'll try doing more water changes. I've kept him at same conditions never had any problems. He's in a 200 gal

lyzheng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2012
Amazon
Mine jardini had that the other day, but it was because it hit something. Appears to be an infection so I drained the water half way, clean the water every 2 days, and added salt. It is completely gone today. Only took a week to heal.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
14 " does sound small for its age especially in a 200gal , like lyzheng said it could be an impact wound from hitting tankside or ornaments if so the salt and w/cs will help no end , its probably trying to rest while lights off and reserve energy , my jar seems to do the same when recovering from injury
Good luck hope it clears up soon

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Look like some kind of pimple of cyst, did they gradually grow or did they just seem to appear one day?

ngogsr

Feeder Fish
Oct 10, 2013
Houston
It doesn't really ever jump much, but he did hit the suction tube hard recently maybe scratched himself. Size wise he's longer than my forearm n pretty thick. Bump seemed to appeared pretty quick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store