180 vs 210 gallon

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Go big or go home!!

OT: If its not going to hurt you financially why not?! :)
Edit: just saw the dimensions...save your $100 for more filtration.
Sent from my GT-N7100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Nah I would just get a 180. If it was wider than yes but IMO you dont need much taller than 24''

cali~budfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Sacramento
I'm either buying a new 180 72x24x24 or 210 72x24x29. Is it really worth paying the extra 100$ for the extra height of the 210?
Most people will say no I think cause most fish like room to swim left fo right and don't hang out at the top of the tank. That being said I like the look of tall tanks and have the 210 you're looking at. Whichever one you choose will be good for a while but in my case after a while a 210 just isn't big enough. If you don't mind the shorter dimensions go with the 180.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wisconsinbadger

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2013
Milwaukee wisconsin
Most people will say no I think cause most fish like room to swim left fo right and don't hang out at the top of the tank. That being said I like the look of tall tanks and have the 210 you're looking at. Whichever one you choose will be good for a while but in my case after a while a 210 just isn't big enough. If you don't mind the shorter dimensions go with the 180.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
the 210s do have an awsome view I must say that

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I like tall tanks from an aesthetic standpoint because I find they are better for scaping. More space up and down opens the tank up a bit for elevation changes, top cover, etc. Downside is you get your pits wet when reaching the bottom lol. A stepladder is a nice addition to the fish room as are some good tongs.

More water never hurts a system either. The fish may only use x amount of footprint for spawning or territory, but the increased water volume is a positive from a dilution and system stability standpoint.

Ultimately, its personal preference and what suits your needs. The fishes needs for that matter.

I was hunting a 180 when my 210 came up .... Didn't hesitate, no regrets

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Big Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary
Depends on the fish you want to keep, I always go for the bigger footprint as I keep cichlids. I would like that 210 dimensions BUT laid on its side.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
The differance between the two is the height and when deciding between the two when I boght mine I liked the taller tank for the reasons stated, more water and more options for aquascaping. I also keep some tall angelfish so that was another added benifit for me. All things being equal go bigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store