Who watches who?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I have an L001 pleco. Which is a fairly common pleco and is somewhat related to the common pleco. Most are active plecos but mine hides all the time. Late last night I went to eat out in the kitchen and the pleco was out. While eating I notice he moved to the edge of the tank and was watching me. I almost started to feel uncomfortable. This got me thinking to how much your fish actually watches you.

I believe even the ones that hide must watch you to some degree.

So, what kinds of fish do you notice watch you all the time?

For me cichlids and common goldfish.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
I have an L001 pleco. Which is a fairly common pleco and is somewhat related to the common pleco. Most are active plecos but mine hides all the time. Late last night I went to eat out in the kitchen and the pleco was out. While eating I notice he moved to the edge of the tank and was watching me. I almost started to feel uncomfortable. This got me thinking to how much your fish actually watches you.

I believe even the ones that hide must watch you to some degree.

So, what kinds of fish do you notice watch you all the time?

For me cichlids and common goldfish.
My balloon sailfin molly, who is a recent widower,watches me always and when I turn around he swims off innocently.

projectile

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2007
ind
all my fish literally freakout when i enter the room, snakeheads in particular literally start jumping above water level.bad habit infact !

The snakehead following your every move is particularly, unnerving

Sent from my GT-I9100G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
My wolf fish and I have staring contests lol. He constantly watches me when I'm in the room. Doesn't hide just sits ,watches and waits. This is what I see most of the time. ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1381517137.384837.jpg

I've had many cichlids in the past who would watch me.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
all the fish in my tanks watch me like hawks particularly my jag.starts as soon as I enter the room side note he also watches the dog lol

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
I wake up to see my Oscar staring me in from my 125gal right next to my bed even when the lights are out, i'm pretty sure hes the reason i have nightmares about fish sometimes. But yeah my Fire eel will do the same thing, creeper fish

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
My 135 is on my home studio. I'll be playing guitar for 20 minutes or so and look over my shoulder and most of the fish are right behind me, watching me jam.

They watch videos on the computer too lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store