arowana in a pond

Mantra0112

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2012
El Paso
hello, i saw a post here with a video of a koi/arowana pond... i like the idea of doing that but i wanna make sure it is feasible so looking for a little advice, i live in el paso texas it doesnt get super cold in the winter but it does sometimes snow maybe 2 times through the entire winter(only like 1 inch maybe) is it possible to heat a pond to keep an arowana alive during winters? do you have to bring them inside to a tank for winters? not sure how all this works so any advice on trying this would be appreciated.

Thanks

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
i live in el paso texas it doesnt get super cold in the winter but it does sometimes snow maybe 2 times through the entire winter(only like 1 inch maybe) is it possible to heat a pond to keep an arowana alive during winters?
Anything is possible if you have the money. If you're going to build an outdoor tank/pond in a temperate climate and try heat it then you're going to want it well insulated. Here's an article on a couple in the UK (far colder than Texas!) with a large heated outdoor aquarium; http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=4868

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store