240 stocking

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
More i think about, the more I believe I am gonna get the 240 8x2x2 tank. I have a ideal stock but not sure. Filtration will probably be 2x FX5s.

1x Oscar
1x jack Dempsey
1x Choc. Cichlid
1x, not sure since it still is an SA/CA but maybe a medium size pike cichlid, not sure I can get away with that.

1x Lima shovelnose
2x Orantes
1x maybe a nile or other big Poly.

questions is the obvious can i add a pike, and could I add another cichlid.

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
thinking a texas, if aggresion allows, there is a red pike, Ato somthing, a care sheet says 10-12 in, so Id like one of them

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
that is a good length tank,a texas could work hit or miss with them.maybe a GT or...boucorti,pearsei,synspilium

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
thanks, guess that is the down side to loving big fish, attitude and limited space

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Sounds legit... If you get most of the aggressive fish younger than your passive fish and raise them together you'll have a good chance of it working out.

I'd keep a spare tank around anyways though, there's always the chance of one of them flipping out at maturity.

Sounds like a cool setup, make sure to post pics when you get it stocked! :)

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
thanks guys, the house is about to start being build as in other thread fish room designed and ready so it will be summer but I just need to find a lima small, I was told they grow kinda slow. yes I plan on getting the fish 4-6 in in size as my JD is 6 in and my O is full grown. super excite :) In case anyone is wondering. room will have 1x 180 with just severums, then 1x 125 for my jag, then a 150 tall planted with a community of tetras and rainbow fish, 240 with well the above and some big tank id like to do with Goldfish. I got rid of my old ones and miss the hell of them,

Daonni

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
nh
I love the texas idea, great fish. As stated above get them young much better chance for success . GL

Sent from my LG-L38C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store