Copadichromis Borleyi Stopped Eating

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
Hello Everyone--

It's been too long since I've been here, but in a way, that's a good thing because things have been steady with my tank, until now.

I have a female Copadichromis borleyi that's about 4-5 years old tops. I've had her since she was a jevenile and I also have a male that is a little younger. They get along great, but don't breed (and that's OK with me).

I noticed last seek that when I feed the tank, she doesn't eat. She has no signs of stress, or illness and her vision seems fine. She is not holding nor injured. In every way she seems normal.

This morning I was happy to see she started eating--BUT, she spit out every bit of food almost right after she put it in her mouth. I've been feeding my fish Spectrum cichlid 1 MM pellets forever.

I love this fish and I don't know what's going on. I've thought of putting some other food in there to see what's going on if that will help.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
No prognosis here...but I am dealing with a 4 inch Taiwan Reef that also stopped eating. He was with peaceful Fronts, Azureus, a bunch of juvi peacocks.

I separated him and started treating with Metronizadole and Prazi, API General Cure is the same. Also added Epsom salt @ 1 tbsp per 10 gallons. Elevated the temp @ 82.

Like your Borleyi --- no signs of stress, no torn fins.

Metro & Prazi for possible Bloat/Parasite.

Epsom Salt - possible Bloat

Elevating Temp -- possible ich/faster metaboliscm/possible bacterial infection.

After 3 days, he started to eat garlic soaked Omega One pellets.

4th day ---- did not eat.

Retreated with Metro and Prazi.

Anyone else got any ideas ?

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
No prognosis here...but I am dealing with a 4 inch Taiwan Reef that also stopped eating. He was with peaceful Fronts, Azureus, a bunch of juvi peacocks.

I separated him and started treating with Metronizadole and Prazi, API General Cure is the same. Also added Epsom salt @ 1 tbsp per 10 gallons. Elevated the temp @ 82.

Like your Borleyi --- no signs of stress, no torn fins.

Metro & Prazi for possible Bloat/Parasite.

Epsom Salt - possible Bloat

Elevating Temp -- possible ich/faster metaboliscm/possible bacterial infection.

After 3 days, he started to eat garlic soaked Omega One pellets.

4th day ---- did not eat.

Retreated with Metro and Prazi.

Anyone else got any ideas ?
Hey--

You know it crossed my mind about the temperature. It's just now getting cold enough here in So Cal to plug the heater back in and it's been taking me a few days to dial in the right temperature.

When I read your post about raising the temp, I thought I would try that. I did this morning and just now, she started eating! It might be a total coincidence to see an improvement in such a short amount of time, but maybe combined with her really getting hungry, she ate a normal amount and didn't spit it out.

Thank you and good luck with yours.

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
Great news Stephen !!

I am awaiting to get a male Borleyi from an online breeder. Always loved that fish and also read they are quite peaceful for a cichlid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store