URGHHH a leak

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
day before vaction, all packed to go, and go to clean my final tank and notice that the stand is wet, ok this is the tank If you remember I had such a trouble with the stand. OK, to get tank in I had to drag it a ft. so the botten on the side it is leaking has the trim grinded a bit. I couldn't help but dragging it. so not sure if that is the reason why. also it sits over the stand less than maybe 2 cm, so not sure if the over hang is the problem. the tank bottem has plywood so I cant see if it cracked or a leak, all I can see if the discoloration on the plywood. very slow leak, once I get some people together to see how bad it is, if a leak, it can be fixed right??

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Man, timing couldn't be any worse.

There's no way around it, you're going to need to completely empty it. If its not a crack, you should be able to save it by stripping off all the old silicone and resiliconing the entire inside. The stripping and resealing is actually pretty easy, I just did it to a used 180 last month. Good luck.

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
well I got my 180 stock in a 125 with 3x AC110s and pond hydro sponge tripled valved so filtration is at least good, I will have to mess with it after trip, cant get money for rooms and stuff back.. a stress free vacation full of worry lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store