Chemicals for brown algae?

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Is there any? I can't take it anymore it's hideous and I have no way to literally scrub everything in my tank. The glass on the front and sides is easy but the paint will scratch on the back and my gravel and wood is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Plecos and/or UV sterilizer will take care of algae on the glass. I have both but still brown algae build up on decorations

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
I'm too poor for a uv steralizer lol but I had a Chinese algea eater in there and boy was it spotless. Then it got real nasty towards my other fish. Maybe ill pick up a common pleco or something. I'd rather have a lot of poop to clean than this crap

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
depending on tank size i'd get a smaller pleco. commons get huge and plecos poop 24/7

adixon816

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2012
Piscataway, NJ
If you want a pleco that loves brown (diatom) algae get a bristlenose or you can use jungle no algae tabs I to got tired of it and it cleared my brown algae out it's copper based so watch out with inverts and I imagine it would kill live plants to.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Hmm it's 180 gallon cichla tank. No love plants or nothin. It's just hideous I hate it. Lol

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
If you want a pleco that loves brown (diatom) algae get a bristlenose or you can use jungle no algae tabs I to got tired of it and it cleared my brown algae out it's copper based so watch out with inverts and I imagine it would kill live plants to.
Do the Jungle no algae tabs clear algae off decorations and how frequent do you dose?

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Cleared it off all my glass rocks ect, I used it once and it stayed gone for some time 6 weeks or so never dosed again though.
Sounds awesome thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store