Canister filter

evox53187

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2013
il
Is there any one way to set up the bio in the filter. I been having trouble getting my tank to cycle. Could I have wrong. I have a 4 bin filter. I have pads on every tray. Bottom one is a pad with bio balls next is pad and ceramic rings than bio balls with pad than more rings. Is that ok. Or should I have all pads on the bottom. Any help.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DevonCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2011
Devon, Alberta
With my canisters I just put the pads where they are supposed to go and then jammed all the other trays with whatever bio media I was using. I always (now) skip the chemical bag provided and replace that with bio. As far as biological "boosting" chemicals, you can try that to speed things up but since my first couple tanks I have abandoned that and just use things to seed the tank ie. established sponge filter, gravel, bio, etc.

Patience always helps too.

fish n chips

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
ireland
same here just put the fine polly fiber wher the tank water 1st gos in to ur canister and put ur media in any way u like i dont use bio balls as i think for the size of my canister i get more biological area using porous media [small balls] put a pinch of fish food in the tank every day or even a pair of guppy that will give u waste witch will cycle ur tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store