GE Silicon 1

Cry Havoc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2009
Utah
To my knowledge it has said that on the packaging for a long long time, but someone may correct me on that. It's still safe. My guess is that it's there to avoid liability if a tank seal fails and someone wants to blame faulty silicone. This way GE can claim it wasn't being used for its intended purpose and avoid liability. Again, just a guess.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Yes it is aquarium safe I've used it on several tanks including my current 75.

GE can't claim its not used for its intended purpose when it's made for windows to keep out rain. Witch is the same as a fish tank just with the tank you want to keep the water in.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Curtis Rouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2012
Central California
Thanks guys. I just had to ask because they went from saying aquarium safe to NOT aquarium safe.

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
The black GE 1 is unsafe. It has chemicals that are harmful to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

adixon816

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2012
Piscataway, NJ
Thanks guys. I just had to ask because they went from saying aquarium safe to NOT aquarium safe.

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you
It hasn't said aquarium safe for some time, that being said I've used silicone 1 many times and have used it quite recently to in tanks that are up and running fine. I wanted black so there's a Dow Corning one that was recommended on this forum as being safe, haven't built the overflow yet but I'm getting there.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I hope so, that's what I just used to reseal my 180..............no floaters yet

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store