Breeding stingrays?

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
Alot of variables (feeding, tank size ect.)but usually within a couple years of proper care and conditions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xtanyaDx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Atlanta Georgia
I just bought a 200g tank I have a few tanks, but my main goal is to make my indoor swimming pool into a pond. It goes from 3ft to 5 1/4ft deep. It's a good size not sure on exact measurements I'll have to take a pic of it. I've talked to a lot of people about rays and I'm getting mixed feelings about it. I've never owned rays before but I have always wanted to have some and breed them. So I'm just trying to get some ideas of what type of rays I should look at getting and how much work I need to put into this. (financially)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
Its an endless cost........theyre appetite is never ending and most species get quite large, they require excessive filtration (10x tank capacity min.) And have very little tolerance to less than ideal water conditions........but with that being said if you have the budget and time to devote to them you cant ask for a more beautiful or personality filled pet. I have 4 myself(3 marble motoro and 1 reticulated) and my whole family enjoy them daily!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Cost is high and return is low. It is done for the enjoyment of the hobby and the stingray forum has all the info you need.

fishlover14

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
India
Hi all, I found a lot of good things to Learn here. I have a problem with my sting she has developed two black spots on her belly are they dangerous to her.See my album and advise please.

Tdubb64

Feeder Fish
Jun 6, 2016
Hi all, I found a lot of good things to Learn here. I have a problem with my sting she has developed two black spots on her belly are they dangerous to her.See my album and advise please.
I have had a few rays and all of them had some sort of spot on the belly..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store