Stunner Caquetaia Spectabilis

fishman09

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2011
Centralia, WA
Got these specs from Crimsonfog a couple weeks ago and am enjoying these fish very much so far. Have always heard bad stuff in terms of personality but these two are food beggars and have very high hopes for them as they grow. If they pair off that'll be great but if not and I can get a solid wet pet male I'll be happy keeper:)

Male is about 5" and prospect female is about 3"

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
really nice looking

fishman09

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2011
Centralia, WA
Looking really good there! Specs have been on my list for a while now.
Thanks they have been on my list for a while as well and glad to have them
really nice looking
Thanks!
Very nice Forrest!
Thanks Mike!!
Look fabulous, and you can really see how close a relationship they have to umbis.
Thanks yeah the Caquetaia does really shine through with those spangles and the jaw structure they have

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Love these guys, wish they weren't too rough for my heckellii.

Albie1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2009
USA
Love these guys, wish they weren't too rough for my heckellii.
I dug up this old thread because I have been thinking about keeping Caquetaia spectabilis. I was thinking about keeping them with some heckelii and satanoperca.
bbortko - You think this is not a good idea with Heckelii? Does anyone have ideas or experience with this? Thanks!

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I dug up this old thread because I have been thinking about keeping Caquetaia spectabilis. I was thinking about keeping them with some heckelii and satanoperca.
bbortko - You think this is not a good idea with Heckelii? Does anyone have ideas or experience with this? Thanks!
I've never attempted to keep them together but when I asked around in the past most felt the specs were to rough for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store