black vs silver arowana care

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
No arowana can live in a six foot tank for life... period.

Funny, weren't you leading the battle saying a jardini would be happy in a 5x3 tank the other day?

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Pole wars again, hey don't derail the thread for the poor guy.

Hi Colefishing, let me just state it out for you,

you probably know the difference in price, juvenile colors of those Aros.
They have the same growth rate, same diet.
Same tank requirements, they grow as much as 3feet, some say 4, but that's exeptional really, haven't seen one but if there is, is there anyone kindly enough to post a pic?
Both are skittish, but Black's is much more skittish than any arowana's out there.
B.A. (They said) has some immunity developing D.E. but still, they can get it, or the S.A. they eventually will get it. Best chances to avoid it is to have em in a pond and control their diet.
So what I'm saying is, yes they can be housed within a 6x2x2, but really, for me it will look cramped and also to properly housed them you really have to go for 8x4x4 or better, larger or a pond...

For the Clown Knife, some have success stories regarding their stocks, but it boils down to the fish's personality.

lando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
fort st john bc canada
Well I pressed send before I was done!

You need a wider foot print for an Arowana! So they have lots of room to turn around. Obviously you could keep one in a 180 for maybe a year or 2 but bigger is always better! These Guys are big swimmers! So if you do not want to upgrade do not get an Arowana!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
So once again just to clarify, you said "No arowana can live in a 6 foot tank...period" but say they "they can live in a 6 foot tank, but not thrive." I'm confused...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store