New Dat

jar2x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2013
Philippines
I just got this guy about a week ago. he is about 1.5" is it possible to identify what species it is at this size? also, I already got him on frozen blood worms (the ones that come in small cubes). How often and how much should i be feeding him?
Here is a pic of him.
IMG_2167[1].JPG

IMG_2167[1].JPG

rocky2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2010
india
nice indo

jar2x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2013
Philippines
thanks for the compliments and the replies.. another question though. he is currently with some tiger barbs as dither fish. because of them he is out more often and looks more stable. but he keeps stalking them. is that ok?

jar2x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2013
Philippines
so it doesn't stress him out or keep him from eating the blood worms(because he is hunting)? just want to make sure.. its my first time using dither fish and taking care of a dat for that matter.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
You should NOT be feeding him bloodworm cubes as a staple. They're not very healthy. I'd try to move him to mysis shrimp and eventually market shrimp and pellets. Try pellets when he's larger if he won't take them now. You may have to starve him to get him on pellets, which you'll eventually want to do, but at a larger size (say 4+'').

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store