Current USA Satellite Freshwater Aquarium LED Plus Light

aaron7353

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Iowa
What category of light would this fixture put me at? My tank in question is a 75 gallon that's 21" height. With gravel, the light would only be roughly 18" from the substrate. I have heard good reviews, but is it sufficient for a low tech tank with low and medium light plants? Thanks in advance!

FishHero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2013
Asheville NC
I have this light on my 125 plants do fine as long as intense light are not needed maybe if you run 2 of them

Sent from my DROIDX

aaron7353

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Iowa
I have this light on my 125 plants do fine as long as intense light are not needed maybe if you run 2 of them

Sent from my DROIDX
I'm hoping to avoid running two of them because while they are nicely priced for LEDs, they're plenty expensive for my high school student budget. I may run a standard strip light with good bulbs in addition to the fixture. My one concern there is that the strip light could take away from the cool effects of the LEDs. Hopefully high quality bulbs corrects that.

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
I have this light on my low tech 110 planted SA cichlid tank. Its tall, 28 high x 18 x 48 with approx 2-3.5 inches sloped eco-complete substrate and black sand. Its a fantastic light with a lot of very cool features. However, par data for this at 24 inches is 21. For my tank its not enough light for growth and I'm buying a second light. Finnex Fugeray planted+ is available for preorder now and Current USA is releasing a planted tank light with Ecoxotic, hopefully soon.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
FishHero, you said you have this fixture on your 125g. How many do you have on there, and what length fixture? Also, could you maybe post a pic that shows how well it lights up the tank?

I'm thinking about getting this for both of my 125g tanks, so it would be a big help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store