regard 6" arowana dashing and jumping crazy

D099y

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
united states
Hi, i have a 6" arowana with 8 BP in a 125 gallons . they been in there for a good 3 mos now. Aro does the dashing before, but it's doing it alot past couple of days. it start swimming up from the mid level of the tank and once its on top, it dash back to the bottom. everytime it does that, it will repeat itself for couple of times.
there is another problem with the Aro is that its jumping like carzy. it will start jumping, but when i turn around, it'll stop ( it stop dashing when i turn and look too)
i checked the water, everything are fine. i change the water every 3-5 days temp is at 82F

i dont know if its from the jumping and hitting itself on the cover or not, its right eye looks like its popped out and about to fall out. some told me by placing a ping pong ball will help, does that work?? if not, any suggestion of healing its eye??

thank you

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
You didn't say what kind of aro so I will guess silver? Eye problems on silvers are common but yours is small for it to be happening. It may be an injury. It just seems nervous. I would get some dithers that are too large to eat. Avoid silver fish as that seems to make them attack.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Also Pole would be a good board member to ask for advice. He seems to know everything about everything. If you doubt me just ask him.

D099y

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
united states
yes it's a silver aro. so will ping pong ball help in this case??
it wasn't dashing or jumping like this before. nothing really change after the tank was setup .

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
it wasn't dashing or jumping like this before. nothing really change after the tank was setup .
I have heard of the ball trick. Its worth a try.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
There is no cure for DE. The ping pong ball is a fool's quest.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Dang 6" seems really young to be getting de :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Does the eye look like it is popping out, or is it just leaning out at the top a little? Could be pop-eye not drop-eye?

supergourami

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
ontario
Also Pole would be a good board member to ask for advice. He seems to know everything about everything. If you doubt me just ask him.

hahaha. ------ to the op is the tank in a area of heavy traffic in the house? (people walking by a lot?)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store