Fish Suggestions for my Little Bro

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
My 8 year old brother was in my room yesterday and informed me that he liked fish tanks and wished he had his own. I decided to, while he is at schooll, set up my 30 gallon tank in his bedroom. He said he wants cool fish like mine that are mean and kill stuff. hahaha typical 8 year old boy. What fish that kills stuff (eats live feeders every once in a while) would best suit a 30 gallon tank. Preferably something that doesn't stay super small, but won't max out a 30 gallon tank. And a colorful one would be preffered. Jack Dempsey? Senegal Bichir (never tried one but I heard they're pretty hardy and willl eat gold fish or danios)? Maybe a convict pair along with a larger cichlid (JD is what i was thinking for this combo). He reallyy likes my oscars but thats not going to happen haha Im open to oddballs too. quick responses would be great because he will be home in a couple hours. thanks!

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
First thing that comes to mind is a school of exodons. About the best predatory fish you can keep in a tank that size. Very active silver fish with sharp teeth and real mean streak.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
:thumbsup:

First thing that comes to mind is a school of exodons. About the best predatory fish you can keep in a tank that size. Very active silver fish with sharp teeth and real mean streak.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Wimple piranha

Outlaw22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Backwoods

Yes sir i was going to say that haha. They are bad ass they have some color( black spots and orange/redish on fins some yellow around gills) dont get to big and feed like piranhas. I had a 100 gallon filled with them years ago really cool fish to have thinking about running another tank with them.

Outlaw22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Backwoods
I dont know if it is legal to own piranhas there where you stay at but you can also get a black diamond rohm small little fella would be fine in that tank for a while. They grow very slow. That is just a thought you will need a larger tank later on down the line though.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
A single red wolffish. Hands down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store