Australian Arowana 13"'+ in a 60 gallon aquarium

jmvstvj222

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2012
garden grove
I have an Australian Arowana living in a 60 gallon fish tank. The tank is rather small and I've been struggling to look for a bigger tank. Problem is I don't have a truck or anything which makes it a little more difficult for me to find one. I would be sad to let this guy go. The fish is healthy but I think his growth has been stunted because I haven't done any recent water changes....... I'm no expert.

Outlaw22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Backwoods
Say a couple months to about a year....
I would do a 50% water change ASAP because you did say you haven't done one for a while. Then I would try to see if you can get a big tank if not I will try to sell it or give it to someone that can properly house it. What kind of Aro is it like silver black or jardini? Does the Aro have gill curl?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Outlaw22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Backwoods
Correction recent water change. When was the last time you did a water change? You need to check your water parameters. An Aro that size can produce a lot of bio load.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jmvstvj222

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2012
garden grove
i don't know like a month since my last water change? maybe longer.. it's a jardini. it doesn't have curled gills... do i just bring a sample of the water and test it for the parameter? a guy told me that I gotta do the water changes or the levels of nitrite nitrate will stunt it's growth.

jmvstvj222

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2012
garden grove
the tank is small for him so I see him swim a little and sometimes he sits and watches. Wish I could provide a bigger tank for this fish

Outlaw22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Backwoods
i don't know like a month since my last water change? maybe longer.. it's a jardini. it doesn't have curled gills... do i just bring a sample of the water and test it for the parameter? a guy told me that I gotta do the water changes or the levels of nitrite nitrate will stunt it's growth.
Yes if not kill it. You need to do a 50 % water change ASAP. You can take your water sample in empty water bottle to a local fish store and have them check it or you can go buy a tester kit to test your water yourself. I would do a water change before anything though. You have pictures of Aro?

jmvstvj222

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2012
garden grove
Okay I won't be able to do the water change yet... I'll post up pictures later today... thanks for the information and help. I'll get to the water change AS SOON as I can

Outlaw22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2013
Backwoods
Okay I won't be able to do the water change yet... I'll post up pictures later today... thanks for the information and help. I'll get to the water change AS SOON as I can

No problem..Yea just do the 50% water change and try to get a bigger home. I have mentioned some ways you can get a bigger tank to get delivered to you in your other thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store