What ate my fish!?

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
So yesterday I came home from school one of my goldfish were missing and I didn't really care I thought it jumped out or it died and my parents took it out, but then later that day I saw this!
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1382648997.704485.jpg
I was surprised considering I have peaceful fish
1x Bristlenose plec
1x Synodontis Multipunctatus
3x Emerald Cories
1x Albino Cory
1x Black moor goldfish
So I kept the goldfish in the tank to see if I can catch whoever ate it in the act but no luck, but today this is what's left
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1382649007.920713.jpg

What's eating it?!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoohouse

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Arlington
The bn pleco is eating it. They dont usually hunt though. More than likely it just died.

Sent from my 5860E using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
So yesterday I came home from school one of my goldfish were missing and I didn't really care I thought it jumped out or it died and my parents took it out, but then later that day I saw this!
View attachment 959264
I was surprised considering I have peaceful fish
1x Bristlenose plec
1x Synodontis Multipunctatus
3x Emerald Cories
1x Albino Cory
1x Black moor goldfish
So I kept the goldfish in the tank to see if I can catch whoever ate it in the act but no luck, but today this is what's left
View attachment 959265

What's eating it?!

maybe it just died man, then ure pleco eat its remains. :L but im not sure, zoohouse might be right.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Pleco and synodontis ate it after it died. They are scavengers. They did not kill it. And putting and leaving a dead fish in your tank is not a smart move. Take it out.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Pleco and synodontis ate it after it died. They are scavengers. They did not kill it. And putting and leaving a dead fish in your tank is not a smart move. Take it out.

Yeah I took it out when I came home, I knew its not good so I did a 20% water change so that the fish won't be affected much I'm gonna do another one in like an hour, should of said that first so people don't get mad lol

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Pretty much any and all fish will eat a "just recently died" fish. It's their way of having a fishy funeral.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store