My RTG Aro

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
This guy's very difficult to take pictures of because he never stays still as a result he doesn't get posted nearly as much as he deserves, but i re-arranged this tank a bit today and added a new piece of driftwood and a new rock so i snapped a few pic's and though I'd show him off.

First the tank since that's why i had the camera out and i dont want to start another thread over a piece of wood lol, the floating driftwood was added today as was the rock that doesn't have algae yet lol , the rest was just shuffled around.

and here's the Aro, sorry some are a bit blurry he does not ever stay still which makes it hard to get a clear shot. Also the CFL lighting in reflectors makes for poor lighting at the surface but here he is....

nirman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Sri Lanka
Great looking... I think that driftwood is disturbing him, u should try some large container until it sinks.

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Great looking... I think that driftwood is disturbing him, u should try some large container until it sinks.
Thanks for the input, If it bothers him I'll remove it but i dont expect it'll be a problem.

I just put it in earlier tonight before i took those pictures. When i put it in he spent a good 2 minutes spinning around it then settled down.The tank looks smaller then it is in pic's the footprint is 36"x60" , plenty of space for him to swim around that wood and he easily swim over top of all the roots so other then the 6" stump that breaks the surface he still has the full square footage to swim around at the surface. The wood you see in the bottom also started off floating in this tank as well so moving around wood at the surface is also nothing new for him.

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
You called it! Removed it last night he was absolutely fine it with in the day but as soon as night hit he started bumping into it which caused hi to jump and thrash around like mad so i removed it , he probably would have settled down but i wasn't gonna rick letting him injure himself in the process!

nirman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Sri Lanka
You called it! Removed it last night he was absolutely fine it with in the day but as soon as night hit he started bumping into it which caused hi to jump and thrash around like mad so i removed it , he probably would have settled down but i wasn't gonna rick letting him injure himself in the process!
That's good... He would be happy about that removal. Find some large container and rocks to keep it down..

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Stunning rtg you've got there :)
Gorgeous tank and fish......good job
Thanks both of you ! These pictures really do not do him justice he's far more gold colored then he looks in pic's . The lighting is very dim, only2 35w CFL's . The fish love it and gives the tank a nice dark gloomy natural feel that i like but it really washes out the gold color in pictures. Better lighting in the new tank, didnt want to invest a pile of $$$ into a tank that i intend to replace

That's good... He would be happy about that removal. Find some large container and rocks to keep it down..
Wont be a problem, several large tub's that house turtles i may sink it into one of those until it sinks on its own then move it back over. But i might just use it the same way at the surface in my Channa Aurantimaculata tank, it would be perfect for them.

For not it's hanging on the wall with other pieces of interesting driftwood I've collected and haven't decided where to put them yet lol one of the perks of living on the coast!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store