Agression. Who is the culprits

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
I added some more stock to my tank 2 weeks ago and have just had the first hickup tonight. I have a 7" jaguar cichlid, 5" blood parrot, 7" pike cichlid, 9" peacock bass and a redtail catfish 10"

The rest of the stock are not capable.

So i got home and the jaguars mouth/face is really tore up. I always thought they were dominant cichlids compared to the others. No other fish has a mark on them. Who is capable of that without getting a nic back?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I suspect the pbass or the pike cichlids. they are all the similar sizes so they could of fought for dominance. What is the size of the tank?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I say the pike. I had a dwarf pike and he was very mean. His named eventually became "a**hole". No one in my take was safe from him.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
I say the pike. I had a dwarf pike and he was very mean. His named eventually became "a**hole". No one in my take was safe from him.

The jag amd pike came from the same place same tank apparently over a year together. It almost is looking like he went to lip lock the Peacockbass. But the bass pretty much swallowed his face. It looks to me like the pike would have to had attacked several times to cause that much damage. I find it hard to believe that he managed to do that without getting a mark on himself. The bass's mouth is large enough to do the deed.

As for the redtail. Hes puppy dog tame. But i guess you can never trust a catfish ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store