Pure Superspot Motoro - Anybody bred them?

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Anybody who had bred pure superspot motoro? I have a female superspot, but having a hard time locating a male superspot. I’m just wondering what will be the resulting pups if both parents are superspot.

I’m deferring my project to the next batch as I got frustrated not being to locate a superspot male and just decided to join my normal male so they can start to breed. My female is two foot across disc and seems to be still growing. If my normal male gets her, this will be her second batch as her first batch was a year ago with 3 pups. Ive given the mom enough break.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
She looks good, only problem with most superspots is they do not show the spotting until they become adults. So if you buy the average size rays at 6-8" you probably will not know what you have for another couple of years.

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
thank you for the comments. What i'm intending to secure is a mature male so I don't have to wait long. I even offered pups sharing as bonus plus a buy back option just to induce people to sell (effectively lending with interest) me their superspot male, but still no luck. I was looking at the female last night and it seems it has bite marks on the disk. I hope the male already got her and i'll just have to wait for the next batch to continue this project.

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
That looks like a hybrid

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'm inclined to agree with Matt (Calgary).
As soon as I saw it I was thinking exactly the same, my guess would be Falkneri\ Castexi x Motoro.
The spotting on these Super spots seems to fade as they grow, the spots appear lighter than the main spots also before finally disappearing in most cases. The spots on this large specimen are very bold,even the smaller ones, never have I seen this in the super spot morph. I could be wrong as I'm fully aware of the different variations found within this species.

Do you know the origin of this ray litigator666.....ie captive bred\ wild caught?

Very nice ray by the way!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store