New additions...

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Thought I'd share. Finally got another flagtail, ordered it online, was a little smaller than they said so its in the 65 till it can hold its own with the big boys. Next 2 from not so local lfs. Decided to chance another leporinis, the last one I had was pure evil, so im hoping this ones not so bad. The chocolate is fast turning into my favourite fish. Never seen them for sale before so couldn't pass it up. Cool little fish, fitting in nicely and eating from my hand already.

uploadfromtaptalk1382712375956.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382712402214.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382712424557.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382712438902.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382712457135.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

popss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2013
washinton
That they are and dang clean looking tank, :headbang2

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Thanks :) Purigen rocks! Im lightly stocked in that tank too which helps.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Leporinus are fast growers and I believe will not be such a fin nipper/bully if fed well. Mine started out fin nipping a bit, but now is really mellow. I also heard about their aggressiveness tendency too, but my guy is like a pussycat. Found out the other day he really digs blanched zucchini.

I got 2 chocolates that is more red and green than brown. I like these guys a lot. Mine is only between 3.5"-4.5" right now, so looking forward to growing them out. Still getting used to that weird 45 degree heads-up hovering they do.

Just got my 3" flagtail a few weeks ago and its a beauty. They do not like zucchini.

So, definitely a good pick-up

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
That's a great looking flagtail. I've always been really interested in leporinus but I've never had a tank big enough to keep them. He looks gorgeous too.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Leporinus are fast growers and I believe will not be such a fin nipper/bully if fed well. Mine started out fin nipping a bit, but now is really mellow. I also heard about their aggressiveness tendency too, but my guy is like a pussycat. Found out the other day he really digs blanched zucchini.

I got 2 chocolates that is more red and green than brown. I like these guys a lot. Mine is only between 3.5"-4.5" right now, so looking forward to growing them out. Still getting used to that weird 45 degree heads-up hovering they do.

Just got my 3" flagtail a few weeks ago and its a beauty. They do not like zucchini.

So, definitely a good pick-up
Thanks, I'll bare that in mind about keeping the lep well fed. I wish I coild have gotten a pair of chocolates, but 1 was all they had. What is your flagtail eating? Mine seems to like pellets, though he cant swallow them, just sits and kisses them lol

That's a great looking flagtail. I've always been really interested in leporinus but I've never had a tank big enough to keep them. He looks gorgeous too.
Thanks. They do get quite big. My last one was 8-9 inches when I had to get rid. My last flagtail was better imo, but maybe just cus he was bigger. Sad end for him though...

uploadfromtaptalk1382782886607.jpg

nice pickups, looks like we both got new pick ups today!
Thanks pole. See you got some new bettas! Nice! What about that gravel though lol

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Thanks, I'll bare that in mind about keeping the lep well fed. I wish I coild have gotten a pair of chocolates, but 1 was all they had. What is your flagtail eating? Mine seems to like pellets, though he cant swallow them, just sits and kisses them lol

Thanks. They do get quite big. My last one was 8-9 inches when I had to get rid. My last flagtail was better imo, but maybe just cus he was bigger. Sad end for him though...

View attachment 959566

Thanks pole. See you got some new bettas! Nice! What about that gravel though lol

changing it soon, i HATE that red gravel. lol. hope to get a breeding pair from these guys. sorry for the loss of that flag tail, and enjoy your new pick ups!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
changing it soon, i HATE that red gravel. lol. hope to get a breeding pair from these guys. sorry for the loss of that flag tail, and enjoy your new pick ups!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Lol change it now. I believe bright red gravel is a major turn-off for bettas! I wouldn't mind getting a betta myself, I like the red and blue dragon scale that has pics floating around somewhere, but I've never seen it's like in lfs near me. I think the flagtail was a fluke and I blame my ornate. Fingers crossed it wasn't a deliberate eye grab- it happened at night so I don't think the eye was targeted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store