Not open for further replies.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Just received word from one of my sales reps that NLS is changing the pricing/volume in their buckets. Normally, NLS is sold in the 5lb buckets for around $50-$55 depending on where you go. I was just informed yesterday that the price will remain the same, but the buckets will only have 4 pounds of food in them instead of 5.

With that kind of price hike, I may look at other options that are a better deal. I'm hearing good things about Extreme and my rep sent me a sample to try out. I may end up switching, unless, everyone else changes as well.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Saw the word "update" and got all excited for a new fish picture thread, haha.

This is bad news! Good thing I got like 80lbs of free fish food at the MFK con!

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Still half the price of Hikari (which I use), but I guess NLS is just like everyone else. The more popularity you gain, the more money you want.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I never tried Extream but I also heard good reviews from those who have tried it.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I started using Xtreme at the first of the year. My buddy went collecting in Uruguay and btought a bunch of pikes back. They all got broke on it. I feed it to everything now. 2000 gallons of tsnks eat it. I have one bucket I keep mixed with half Massivore for treats. I reccomend it.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Which formula is that strollo? I could only find buckets of the all purpose (1mm) formula on F&S.

I actually just had a conversation with Jehmco about this yesterday because it took me over a week to find a vendor with the 3 sizes I wanted. Almost everyone is sold out of the 2240g (5lb) jumbo and extra large fish formulas. Instead they're starting to sell 1600g (3.5lbs) of the new "Float" formulas for the same price. The mega formula is already $50 for 1875g, and Kensfish and big Al's are both out of most buckets except for the grow formula. Jehmco said NLS is making a lot of changes and the bucket prices are about to increase, so I think NLS is gonna discontinue a few of the old formulas and sell the rest at $50 for 1600-1875g instead of 2240-2270g. The 375g containers of the new formulas are still about the same price tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store