New NTT

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Hey guys

Picking up a new NTT next week from my lfs. Its about 2 inches and the lfs is currently monitoring to make sure it's disease free.

Any tips? Never owned an NTT. Had indos for a few years before they all died due to a pump failure

Sent from my SGH-T889 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Get them eating as soon as possible then try to pellet train. NTT love blood worms. You will find NTT are not as hardy as IT dat.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I would treat for internal parasites with prazi pro since a lot of NTT's seem to have IP's from my experience. And then Get him eating asap

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Very prone to illness be completely fine one day then wake up one day and they will have died. I had mine a year he was about 8-9" and about : weeks ago he started acting funny. All water parameters were great he was still eating but he was doing random somersaults woke up Monday and he was dead. Great fish if you can keep them alive! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Great fish if you can keep them alive! Good luck!
i would rather have a symmetrical 3 bars IT over NTT anyday. I only went for the NTT cuz I was having a hard time finding a symmetrical 3 bars IT without having to trade one of my testicle for it.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Okay thanks guys hopefully things go well. Only reason I'm getting a NTT is cause I'm downsizing and I know their growth rate aren't like indos

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Okay thanks guys hopefully things go well. Only reason I'm getting a NTT is cause I'm downsizing and I know their growth rate aren't like indos

They need just as big a tank, I don't think their growth rate is that different. All dats grow fairly slow once they're no longer juveniles.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Very prone to illness be completely fine one day then wake up one day and they will have died. I had mine a year he was about 8-9" and about : weeks ago he started acting funny. All water parameters were great he was still eating but he was doing random somersaults woke up Monday and he was dead. Great fish if you can keep them alive! Good luck!
Summed up nicely,exactly why I try to resist the urge to by any more NTT.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
They need just as big a tank, I don't think their growth rate is that different. All dats grow fairly slow once they're no longer juveniles.
I don think that is true at all. My indos hit almost a foot in a year. Never even seen a NTT larger than that...

impala

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Toronto Canada
I don think that is true at all. My indos hit almost a foot in a year. Never even seen a NTT larger than that...

^Agree, it took my avatar and pic below NTT 4 years to grow from 2" to 12". Before thet I had a NTT grow from 4" to 9" in two years, then die on me all of a sudden (SDS).
All the STs, ITs, and NGT I've grown out took 12 to 18 months max to reach 12"+.SDC10549.JPGSDC10551.JPG

SDC10549.JPG

SDC10551.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store