Betta breeding questions

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
hey guys, I was thinking of breeding my bettas, and I was thinking if I could let them breed in their community and then siphon the eggs out of that community into a plastic tub? tank mates are neon tetras, yoyo loaches, glass cats, a bn plec, a male balloon sailfin Molly, and a rabbit snail.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sharizan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2013
Malaysia, sarawak
I dont know if tht way of doing will do the eggs hatching..after all in tht com tank any eggs fell into bottom tank during spawning sure would be a snack to ur tetras or the others..

supergourami

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
ontario
=what I did was I got a 5 gallon tank , lowered the water level too around 6-8 inches , make sure you have a place for the bubble nest to be made ( half a Styrofoam cup and some floating plants is perfect.) lots of hiding places for the female. also when introducing the female don't just toss her in use a oil lamp or some sort of divider to let the 2 fish get used to eachother. once the flaring dies down release the female into the tank.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
=what I did was I got a 5 gallon tank , lowered the water level too around 6-8 inches , make sure you have a place for the bubble nest to be made ( half a Styrofoam cup and some floating plants is perfect.) lots of hiding places for the female. also when introducing the female don't just toss her in use a oil lamp or some sort of divider to let the 2 fish get used to eachother. once the flaring dies down release the female into the tank.
thanks for advice- I already introduced a small school of females to the male, and they swim together in the betta community. two of the three have spawning horizontal stripes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store