check this out!

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
I dug out some snails from the filter and threw them in the betta community, and I recorded a vid of my yoyo loach eating it. I recommend them for snail control.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Very good learning experience. You're correct in that loaches are utile in the control of snail populations. Just keep it in mind to only offer your prized loaches tank-raised snails or quarantined wild snails since many wild-caught snails harbor internal parasites that can transfer to the loaches feeding on them.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Tips for ur bettas breeding..never put snail inside ur breeding tank,..they will eat the eggs if manage to go top to the bubble nest..
ok. the breeding tank ( which will be held off for a bit as it leaked) will not have any snails. ( in response to oddball) the snails came from my filter, where there is a breeding colony.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
( in response to oddball) the snails came from my filter, where there is a breeding colony.
Yeah, ...I read that. I was referring to the general precautions concerning feeding snails to aquarium fish.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Yeah, ...I read that. I was referring to the general precautions concerning feeding snails to aquarium fish.
of course, thank you for your concerns. I was planning to use out door land snails, but now I wont.

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
Yo Yo loaches are great characters to watch. Ballsy little guys when it comes to food too, they have no problem pushing a larger fish outta the way in my experience.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Yo Yo loaches are great characters to watch. Ballsy little guys when it comes to food too, they have no problem pushing a larger fish outta the way in my experience.
couldn't agree more, I have kept and observed kuhlis, clowns and some other Botias and so far yo yos are my favorite. my uncle has a nine year old botia of some sort, and it was pretty large at six inches, and it lives with a clown loach and my four year old cory.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store