Looking for ideas how to save on frozen food.

Casper Lorentzen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Hi guys.
Any got some good ideas where to shop for frozen food to save money ?
I use a lot .. most krill and blood worms.
And it's just to expensive to bu at my LFS. I look online where It's cheaper. But the ones I found charges around 20 $ for shipping.
What do you guys do to keep your expenses on frozen food down ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Hi guys.
Any got some good ideas where to shop for frozen food to save money ?
I use a lot .. most krill and blood worms.
And it's just to expensive to bu at my LFS. I look online where It's cheaper. But the ones I found charges around 20 $ for shipping.
What do you guys do to keep your expenses on frozen food down ?

feed less

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Stop feeding bloodworms as they offer little to no nutritional value. Start feeding regular shrimp from the super market as it's cheaper and better nutritionally. Also try to get some of your fish to eat pellets as it will be cheaper and healthier in the long run.

drewbiezy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
DFW
Get fish fillets i feed my dwarf dourami and black molly tilapia on a reqular basis and they like it just fine and for 5-10 dollars a pound depending on what type of fish you cant really go wrong most people use tilapia,salmon, shrimp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Get yourself down to the nearest Chinese wholesalers , I buy frozen prawns (shrimp) , muscles, whitebait , also king prawns with shell on for big preds
They usually have lots of variety cheeper than supermarket stores

drewbiezy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
DFW
Get yourself down to the nearest Chinese wholesalers , I buy frozen prawns (shrimp) , muscles, whitebait , also king prawns with shell on for big preds
They usually have lots of variety cheeper than supermarket stores
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Casper Lorentzen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Stop feeding bloodworms as they offer little to no nutritional value. Start feeding regular shrimp from the super market as it's cheaper and better nutritionally. Also try to get some of your fish to eat pellets as it will be cheaper and healthier in the long run.

Thanks for the answer. . I will try the shrimps from the supermarket. Regarding the blood worms so is it the only thing my fire eel will eat sometimes I can handfeed him earth worms but not all the time he will eat it and my firetrack eel will only eat krill or blood worms. So because of these two I have to feed blood worms and in big numbers so I'm sure they get some before the other fish eat them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store