WEIRD PH?

nstefan2597

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2013
New Hampshire
Hey everyone. So I hadnt tested my PH in my tanks for a few months and I decided too a few minutes ago. Last time I tested the ph in my tanks they were all 6.0. I tested tonight and my 90 gallon south american tank is 6.6 and my 29 gallon german blue ram breeding tank is 7.6. The difference in ph confuses me. Both tanks water come from same water supply. How has it risen so much?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
have you followed the right way as told by the instruction on your water test kit? Because if you don't that's basically what's goin to happen

Persimmon Pudding

Feeder Fish
Oct 30, 2013
Murrayville, Illinois
What kind of rocks and ornaments are in your aquariums? As for the ornaments, I mean what are the made of? Plastic, ceramic, baked clay, wood, or...? Are they painted or dyed? What are you using for substate? Is it painted or dyed? What color are these are these paints and dyes? And what do you feed your fish? Have you treated your water with any chemicals recently, like water conditioners or fish medications, and if so, what were they?

In the most fundamental of terms, a pH increase is an increase in the amount of Hydroxide ions present in the water relative to the amount of Hydrogen ions. Thus, something is bonding with those Hydrogen ions, skewing the ratio. Otherwise, something is contributing Hydroxide ions to the water. Those are the only two options here.

If we know what is in the aquariums and what is being put into them, we should be able to isolate the cause. If the cause cannot be found there, it is likely human error in the pH testing.

Cheers,
Puddin'

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store