Update on my Jardini's Tail

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
So it looks like the tail is growing back nicely as well as the bottom fin. On the other hand the Dorsal fin remain looking crooked and deformed. on the last thread everyone suggested that i do not trim it but to me it looks like i would have to. What are your thoughts?! Thanks guys!

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I don't know what caused his fins to get torn but I would just leave them be. Sometimes fin damage doesn't heal and the fish is left with off looking fins. I don't think think trimming will solve anything. It'll just stress the fish out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
I don't know what caused his fins to get torn but I would just leave them be. Sometimes fin damage doesn't heal and the fish is left with off looking fins. I don't think think trimming will solve anything. It'll just stress the fish out.

I bought this nicely colored jardini off craigslist for 60$ (6-7 inches) 3 weeks ago and the owner kept it with a colony of blood parrots. They bullied the hell outta this jardini. I'm thinking of trimming because it will grow back nicely. thats what i hope for

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
If the fins are growing back they will eventually look normal, you just have to wait. But if they're damaged to the extent that I mentioned then no amount of trimming will help.

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
throw some melafix in there. Should heal in no time.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Yeah definitely don't trim it lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
If the fins are growing back they will eventually look normal, you just have to wait. But if they're damaged to the extent that I mentioned then no amount of trimming will help.

Exactly. If they're damaged to the point of deformity, what makes you think damaging it more will fix it? You're not a plastic surgeon, and if you are, you're not qualified to work on fish! 8P

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
throw some melafix in there. Should heal in no time.
Yep, been doing that ever since i got the fish to heal the anal fin and the tail. haven't seen any difference in the dorsal fin.

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
To I was thinkin of going down that road but trust me or not it took almost 3 months for my silver's fins to grow back. I was thinking of using clove oil to knock him out then cut his fins but some people told me not to do it and let it heal naturally and that's what I did. Good luck bro

Sent from my ADR6400L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
To I was thinkin of going down that road but trust me or not it took almost 3 months for my silver's fins to grow back. I was thinking of using clove oil to knock him out then cut his fins but some people told me not to do it and let it heal naturally and that's what I did. Good luck bro

Sent from my ADR6400L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks, i guess it's a waiting game game from here haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store