Best central and south american cichlid food?

ArshadOscar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
Mauritius
What is the best central and south american cichlid food, i've been using "hikari bio-gold" and "tera cichlid sticks" for a while and the fish loves it and also good coloration on them but some people are saying that those fish food are bad because of the ingredients, its bad for fish bla bla bla.. The question is, what ingredients are bad and what is the Best and most healthy central and south american cichlid food.
i have texas,jags and planning to get some dovii, what food do you recommend me to use for good coloration and healthy growth?

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
NLS- it's reputability is unprecedented, and it's been around for a long time. You'll get some people on here claiming that other brands are better (Extreme, Southern Delight, Northfin, etc). If/when those brands are popular 10 years from now, maybe then I'll give them a try. Until then, NLS has provided the best health and vitality to my fish.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lovechelsie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2013
miami, fl
NLS- it's reputability is unprecedented, and it's been around for a long time. You'll get some people on here claiming that other brands are better (Extreme, Southern Delight, Northfin, etc). If/when those brands are popular 10 years from now, maybe then I'll give them a try. Until then, NLS has provided the best health and vitality to my fish.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Could anyone post a picture of NLS?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
The best pellet imho is Omega 1 & it's ingredient list is on par with what nls has to offer. NLS is good don't get me wrong, but overpriced. Omega is the best that I have tried.

You can get your probiotics by using powder rid-x in your tank instead of hikari bio gold also.

My jag won't accept a pellet of any kind so I had to get white fish fillets & soak them in vitachem. Which honestly has had the best results than any pellet diet on previous piscivores.

Reactions: triz316

jiant2520

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2011
Niagara Falls, New York
I've been happy with Hikari Gold and Massivore Delite.... never tried NLS as none of the lfs (5 or 6 stores) sell it around here and I'm not going to order it online and pay for shipping. I've been on MFK for a lil while and whenever a thread like this comes up, NLS is most always at the top of peoples choice of pellet... it must be pretty good.

ArshadOscar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
Mauritius
i googled the New life spectrum and there seem to be different kind of brands, which one should i chose for my fishes mentioned above?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store