18" silver + 5" jardini?

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
As my title states what do you arow pro's think about adding a 5" jardini to the mix? My silver tends to try and eat just about anything as soon as its introduced. Im hesitant to risk it.

boogeyman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2012
Wilmington nc
You would need to add another aro they need to be in a group of three or more with just 2 of them they will fight a lot with 3 the aggression gets spread out

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Jardini is really aggressive so becareful with the mix, also it's down with the size of the silver aro, it seems that the silver has already been used to everything that is dropped in the tank is his food, if you will ever risk it I'd say do it in the evening when the lights are off. But really don't risk it. You might lose your jardini, or in the long run 1 of your aro.

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
Jardini is really aggressive so becareful with the mix, also it's down with the size of the silver aro, it seems that the silver has already been used to everything that is dropped in the tank is his food, if you will ever risk it I'd say do it in the evening when the lights are off. But really don't risk it. You might lose your jardini, or in the long run 1 of your aro.
+1 n dont take the risk, unless your aquarium footprint is very huge..

supergourami

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
ontario
my 17 inch silver arowana has taken down a 7 inch jaguar cichlid and a 5 inch blood parrot. your silver arowana will eat the jardini

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I love how many people on here talk about how evil Jardini's are but have never had one. They just keep repeating what they read. And the next guy repeats it. And the next guy repeats it. Some are, some aren't. It just depends on the individual fish. I had mine with Discus. He never read MFK to find out how evil he was.

boogeyman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2012
Wilmington nc
Yeah I agree with the above post they all have different personalities they are not all robots granted if you keep them with tiny fish the obvious will happen and with only two aros in a tank there will be plenty of battles to show who is dominant, but with three or more you will be good, you can combine the jardini blue and silver with no problem, but will have the occasionally battles but nothing serious

nirman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Sri Lanka
18" silver would eat 5" jar without any trouble IMO. Also i woudn't even risk mixing two same sized aros together if i don't have an extra tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store