240 gallon stocking

John1357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2013
United states
so as some of you may know I have one Oscar one Jack Dempsey and 4,silver dollars in a 75 gallon tank. i am soon upgrading to a 240 gallon 8 by 2 by 2 tank. should i get rid of these fish in the 75 gallon, or add them to the 240?Here's a list of the stock that i came up with.
first one
1 oscar (the one i have now)
1 jack dempsey (the one i have now)
3 peacock bass (any kind, except orinos and as long as there not extremely expensive.
1 silver arowana

could i add maybe something on the bottom
second one
1 silver arowana
1 albino channel catfish
3 peacock bass
1 endelchiri birchir
are these overstocked? will there be problems in the future? just so you know i will be ding 50% water changes weekly with a bare bottom tank, 75 gallon sump, and a fluval fx6.

John1357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2013
United states
ok i wont bother with the channel. are there any other cool catfish or how about a sting ray? the oscar and jack dempsey are already full grown, so could the peacock bass still work?

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Am I right in thinking a 240g is only 2' wide? If so it isn't going to be a "forever home" for the silver aro. Keep the oscar and the JD, and add some more cichlids that don't get much over a foot along with some other bottom dwellers (bickirs are a possibility) and you could make a nice interesting community.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I'd ditch the Arowana and channel cat for sure 2' wide isn't enough n it could work for the bass but they are going to be pretty cramped when full grown

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
I ordered the same tank, my stock will be 2x Oscars, 1x JD, Atapo(sp?) red pike, some other cichlid, 3x bichirs and my royal or common pleco, not sure which, my common is pushing 16in so probably him. ran by 2x fx6s and an AC!!0 were purigen and fin filter floss will be

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store