LED lighting for salt tanks!

hlmarlowe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2013
Michigan
Looking for advice on which LED lighting system to go with on my 55g salt tank. I can always do the t5 fixture with led moonlights but I want to cut the power draw down and really love the full spectrum and programming they can do. Please help the new guy!:D

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I was playing with radians at the fish store the other day. I liked how customizable the programing is. Each color is on a different channel. This allows you to only have red, green, blue or yellow lights. You can program them to change every few seconds.

I use Acans and I like them. I have an older model which isn't as customizable as the newer model. I am not sure what the newer model does.

A lot of people like the no name brands from amazon or ebay. I have seen a few tanks with them and they look good. But I can't vouch for their growth rate. The ability to have a programmable light will cost you a lot more money. I also don't think the marine land lights are full spectrum.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
In my opinion 2 kessil a150w would be great. Here's a picture of 4 ocean blue a150w over my 160 reef and I also run one on my 20 gal reef as well. Also should stay around your price range maybe a little over but well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1384402126.830010.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store