Reticulated pythons

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I was cleaning their tubs this weekend and decided to take a pic of them out in the natural sunlight. Its so crazy that I got these guys a year ago at 2-1/2ft and now they're around 8ft. The female is a lavender albino tiger and the male is platinum het albino. I can't wait for them to reach breeding size! I also have a 14ft sunfire who's ready to go. I can't wait in 2 years when the female is old enough to breed!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1383783641.460828.jpg

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Thanks! Here's a pic of my sunfire. It looks better actually out of the cage under the sun but since I'm the only one home, it's not really a great idea to take him out by myself.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1383784551.933466.jpg

lando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
fort st john bc canada
Very nice snakes! I think they look amazing but I don't think you should breed them. I have my own snakes and I am general upset about how many snakes are captive bred and then people buy them an end up putting them in a tiny enclosure/ can't afford to feed them/ let them go I to the wild or what ever.

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
nice retics, makes me miss mine. used to have a pair of dwarf tigers

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Very nice snakes! I think they look amazing but I don't think you should breed them. I have my own snakes and I am general upset about how many snakes are captive bred and then people buy them an end up putting them in a tiny enclosure/ can't afford to feed them/ let them go I to the wild or what ever.

Well I wouldn't sell them to anyone who has the money. Since these are higher end, not many people would actually just buy them out of impulse and I would make sure that they actually knew what they were getting into. When it comes to small enclosures, it's actually proven that too large of a cage can actually stress snakes out. They feel more comfortable when they're in tight spaces since this is actually where they spend majority of their time. I know prehistoric pets and bhb reptiles have put their large snakes in large enclosures and they would stop feeding but the minute they out them back in their smaller enclosures, they start feeding again.

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
i generally like snakes even tho they scare the ship outta me, i'd like to start w/ a small one maybe one day in the future

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
i generally like snakes even tho they scare the ship outta me, i'd like to start w/ a small one maybe one day in the future
If you're scared of them, I'd recommend to first start interacting with them before actually getting one. You wanna be completely confident in yourself before trying to take the responsibility of owning one. Once you're able to actually hold them and not have any concerns, then you can start keeping a relatively hardy and small one and then you can start moving up in size from there if you want.

Edwardo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
When it comes to small enclosures, it's actually proven that too large of a cage can actually stress snakes out. They feel more comfortable when they're in tight spaces since this is actually where they spend majority of their time. I know prehistoric pets and bhb reptiles have put their large snakes in large enclosures and they would stop feeding but the minute they out them back in their smaller enclosures, they start feeding again.

I agree, they feel more comfortable in tight spaces, most of the time, but I dont see any reason why they cant be moved into a larger cage, "that is correctly set up" with multiple hiding areas throught out, once they become acclimated and are feeding well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store