Best way to go about a stand for a 7x2x2?

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I'd really appreciate every single piece of information/advice people can give about building a stand of this size.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
[yt]jN4Y9AYuwcQ[/yt]

Either that or have someone fabricate one out of steel.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
What exactly are you looking for?

Do you want a stand that's made to be a show piece?.....a simple frame structure?....something inbetween?

You can go something as simple as stacking cement cinder blocks. There's plenty of info on aquarium stands on Google, Youtube, and in the DIY section on MFK.

If you want a really nice one or you have zero carpentry skills, hire a carpenter.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
What exactly are you looking for?

Do you want a stand that's made to be a show piece?.....a simple frame structure?....something inbetween?

You can go something as simple as stacking cement cinder blocks. There's plenty of info on aquarium stands on Google, Youtube, and in the DIY section on MFK.

If you want a really nice one or you have zero carpentry skills, hire a carpenter.
I want to do it myself if I'm honest. I don't want something crazy nice. It has to be nice enough to not look out of place in my living room

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Just do a simple structure stand like that vid and add stained plywood panels to the front and sides and you got something aesthetically nice for a living space

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Just do a simple structure stand like that vid and add stained plywood panels to the front and sides and you got something aesthetically nice for a living space
Yeah, I'll probably end up doing exactly that

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Every stand Ive built is a version of this design. Height varies, but basic construction is the same. Really easy to finish from this design too. lots options
That's reassuring! Could you post some pics? of your /finished stands?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store