Axolotl with fish...

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
I know Tanked isn't exactly a wealth of good fish keeping practices, but ive just seen them do this. Is it even possible? I mean of course it's possible. But rather is it possible to do successfully?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
The axolotl will eat smaller fish, and fish of any size will pick away at the axolotl's skin, etc. Bad idea.

Blazin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Illinois
They had axolotls on Tanked?
I wouldn't keep anything with an axolotl other than another axolotl, and I would keep them separated till around 4-6 inches because they sometimes tend to be a little cannibalistic at a young age. Main reason why I say don't keep it with any fish is because most fish if not all will nibble on the gills of the axolotl because they may look like food. And if this doesn't happen the axolotl will try to eat the fish. My friend once bought feeders for his other fish and put them in the axolotl tank. Big mistake, the feeders ate most of the axolotl gills and some of his limbs. Surprisingly the axolotl survived and grew everything back. Check the link bellow and learn from these guys mistakes:

http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/Mixing_disasters.shtml

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
They had axolotls on Tanked?
I wouldn't keep anything with an axolotl other than another axolotl, and I would keep them separated till around 4-6 inches because they sometimes tend to be a little cannibalistic at a young age. Main reason why I say don't keep it with any fish is because most fish if not all will nibble on the gills of the axolotl because they may look like food. And if this doesn't happen the axolotl will try to eat the fish. My friend once bought feeders for his other fish and put them in the axolotl tank. Big mistake, the feeders ate most of the axolotl gills and some of his limbs. Surprisingly the axolotl survived and grew everything back. Check the link bellow and learn from these guys mistakes:

http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/Mixing_disasters.shtml
Yeah they had gouramies, parrot cichlids a giraffe cat and the axolotl amongst other things I think, all living happily together lol. Thought it was too good to be true.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
The axolotl will eat smaller fish, and fish of any size will pick away at the axolotl's skin, etc. Bad idea.
Thanks for the confirmation. It's a pity cus it did look cool with the little guy waddling around with the fish

Blazin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Illinois
ya it would look cool. The only think I add in my tank is a couple ghost shrimp every now and then as a treat. My axolotl will slowly hunt them down

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store