My Children (synodontis eupterus)

Abby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2013
Miami
Hi guys! For my first post I thought I'd share my honorary children. Regis and Kelly. I'm away for my freshman year of college, and I'm missing them terribly! These pictures are a couple months old, and I'll post more recent pictures when I go home for Thanksgiving. Regis and Kelly are both right around 7-8", and both have some pretty great dorsal and caudal fin extensions. They share a 60 gallon tank with some platies (because my parents think a tank with just "ugly catfish" is boring :p rk_zps55e795b4.jpg rk1_zps7573934f.jpg

rk_zps55e795b4.jpg

rk1_zps7573934f.jpg

Abby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2013
Miami
Oh! I forgot to mention, that's Kelly in the foreground. Regis realized he wasn't being fed and therefore was not leaving his spot.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Welcome to the club!

Cute stuff! How old are they? 7"-8" is a good size, must be at least 5-10 years old. Do you know they can live ~30 years? http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30928

How are they with each other? Does each have their own territory and not let the other in it?

Abby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2013
Miami
They're right at about five or six I believe? When I bought them they were both wee little things, no more than 2". They're great together, there is a bit of a pecking order, with Kelly being dominant, but they do well together. The entire bottom of the tank is terra cotta caves, so there's ample room for territories and hiding, but they actually tend to cruise the tank together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store