Stingray Helps

vcat888

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2009
Far Away From Here
Hi there Fellow MFKers,

I have a problems with my BD male. I recently notice that the male had both his hipbone at the back near his tail base protruding upward. He is eating well. I feed him 2 times a day. so he is not starving. Also he is mature now and just had pups about 2 month ago. The water is good. I do water change 2 a week. What could be wrong with him? Please advice me on what to do. Thank a millions.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
If his hip bones are protruding he is skinny, either he needs more food or better food or he has parasites so he is not getting enough nutrition.

WHat are you feeding and how much?

vcat888

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2009
Far Away From Here
Thanks bros,

I feed him sinking massvoire and market pawn. twice a day. morning and night.
Also for bro strollo22 it does look like he bloated. My laptop is acting up and is not allowing me to import pictures from my phone to the laptop to show you.
I can see both hip bone when he is moving but he eat like a pig so I not should if because he mature now that this is a change to the body or something new. I feel every day. Please let me know what to do guys.
If I can get pic I will put it up for now I can seem to do it. Thanks

Stateofficer1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Fairmont North Carolina
Did prazi work in this case? I'm having the same problem with oneof my female marbles, she eats eats eats but those hip bones still sshow. Everyone else I'm the tank is fat so I think she may have a bug, I'm ordering prazi off of aquabid in the morning!!! She's active and eats twice a day, but I'm gonna dose the whole tank to play it safe!!

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Use the prazipro method someone came up with on here. LiKe a month or two long process but works well!

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store