oscar atackes my 4 lined cat...help?

MikeGuerra

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2013
rockaway park ny
hi guys i have a 10 inch oscar that is going in my 180 with my aro and florida gar hes been good with all the fish but to my 4 lined cat came out wich he rarely does from his cave an i notice later on he is reallllyyyyyy mest up on the verge of death a lot of oppen wounds.....i took out aquarium water in a bucket with melafix and an airstone he is just relaxing in ther is there anything else i could do and fast....i put my a heater i use for my bedroom blowing on the tank at 87-88 degrees

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
How big is the catfish? I would get one if those preset submersible whisper heaters if you are going to leave the fish in bucket maybe even a bubbler filter. Melafix is great for the wounds also a little aquarium salt wouldn't hurt. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Good luck...that's what Oscars tend to do. They will bully anything they can(and get away with it.)

popss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2013
washinton
train him to leave the cat alone.
i am under the opinion that you can not train a fish. what you can do is get a tank big enough for the Oscar to have his territory, I had issues with my oscar in a 95g with the my cat. moved to a 175 issues gone. Oscar happy. cat happy. hell even the JD are happy. bigger tank/foot print.

popss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2013
washinton
see no reason to re-evaluate my position as far as aggression goes with that. you can keep any fish in any tank long as proper fish for the environment provided,long as the tank is big enough with proper line of site breaks and or decor for the types of fish you have. My oscar knows what the feeding container looks like and goes nuts when i pick it up, I put him the smaller tank, and he going to go ape **** on the other fish regardless of what my food canister looks like. Same for for my jag, or JD.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store