Help me.. I need an answer to this question.

Shastri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Trinidad & Tobago
Hello, well I was wondering if any experienced exporters/ importers of fishes could answer this question. The quesion stems from this scenario... I am from Trinidad and Tobago.. and I got my import licenses recently to get live fishes... however I am interested in buying fishes from a petstore in Minnesota who is willing to ship to a skybox address in florida.. who then will ship to me in Trinidad.... since the store does not ship abroad. Now the question is this.. does the petstore need an export permit? in order to facilitate my purchase? I would really appreciate some assistance.. I thank you all.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm no importer but since livestock is being shipped from one country to another I would guess yes.

davet

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
USA
I would think the Minnesota pet store does not need an export permit since they are only facilitating the shipment from Minnesota to Florida. Whomever ships it from Florida to Trinidad and Tobago would need the export permit. Just a guess, I'm not a lawyer. :)

Shastri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Trinidad & Tobago
Thank you Davet! I appreciate your feedback! this leads to another question..does shipping companies/ couriers UPS, Fedex, etc.. just facilitate exporters or are they able to ship to another country with permissions of their own( permitted).

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
The person shipping the fish from Florida would need to have an export license, fill out the correct paperwork, and pay the required fees. It would be best for you to contact the Florida fish and wildlife agency for information on what is required.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store