Sick silver arowana.

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Well I was over a buddies house thus morning helping him move and I noticed he had a six in silver aro in a bag in a regular box. It was in there 2 nights. Ling story. Anyhow. I have it now and it's floating in a tank I'm treating with fungus buddies by tetra. He is swimming head up in the bag and only the tip of tail is moving? Ammonia burn? I was wondering what the pros would do to bring him back if possible. It's super skinny and is still floating in bag in a heated 42 until I get home from work. I hope he's alive. What is the Best treatment for him if he is still alive when I get home? Only have a hour break so can go to lfs if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Get him plenty of oxygen and either melafix or aquarium salt dosed appropriately, if its ammonia burns it'll be from the lack of fresh water in the bag ( he needs to come out of that bag and into a cycled tank asap if you want to save him , good luck

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Thanks for the advice. Just let him out of the bag now. Fungus guard and epson salt. Left him in the bag this morning because the water temped out at 67• in bag this morning and thought he would just plop dead if I dropped him into 84 degree water. He's still alive bent at a 90 degree at bottom. Feel bad.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Fail to understand why this poor fish was left in the bag for so long. Did it survive?

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Well he's alive still but not swimming around. If he doesn't start swimming by tomorrow I bought some clove oil and will put him down. Don't beat the guy up to much. At 35 with 5 kids things just got hectic for him, he bought a tank off Craig's and was forced to take it. He does galaxy rasboras and mixing with aro not a option.

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
:(

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1384374428.176009.jpg

He swims around occasionally but still sits at the bottom quite a bit. Put a few guppies in to keep him company. Raised temp to 82. It seems like his breathing started to slow down and mouth no longer gaping. Fingers crossed.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Hope you've got plenty of aeration with the temp that high.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store