Can't seem to get a good deal on Craigslist!

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
I could never seem to find a good deal on craigslist, but a large portion of the forum see great deals on craigslist!!! I've been searching for about 7 months and the best I found was a 180 for $600 in medium condo. Is this a regional thing? I'm in Massachusetts BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
I'd think with all the port towns in the upper north east, you would have a lot of fish enthusiasts. However, I have noticed watching the Northeast section of 'buy/sell' on here, there's not too much posted from your area. Few and far between at least. Were you not able to score that 72 gallon bowfront for $40? I don't know man, how far are you willing to travel for a deal? I see a good amount of deals around the Bronx and Manhattan, not to mention the occasional free tank over 100 gallons. At least every 3 weeks I'll see a large tank go for free from there. I'm just not looking for something that large, myself, and don't want to spend $30 gas/tolls and sit in traffic. You search by region? Nothing comes up in the city of Boston much?

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
I'd think with all the port towns in the upper north east, you would have a lot of fish enthusiasts. However, I have noticed watching the Northeast section of 'buy/sell' on here, there's not too much posted from your area. Few and far between at least. Were you not able to score that 72 gallon bowfront for $40? I don't know man, how far are you willing to travel for a deal? I see a good amount of deals around the Bronx and Manhattan, not to mention the occasional free tank over 100 gallons. At least every 3 weeks I'll see a large tank go for free from there. I'm just not looking for something that large, myself, and don't want to spend $30 gas/tolls and sit in traffic. You search by region? Nothing comes up in the city of Boston much?
I was pissed with the 72 cause someone else bought it cause there were gonna pick up tomorrow when I was gonna pick up on Saturday

popss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2013
washinton
all my tanks from craigs , last purchase a 175 tempered for 200. but i have to click refresh all day and night and then be the first to call and get the seller to button down on the sale.

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
Patience is hard when you're waiting for months on end. I've been waiting for a breeder tank to show up on craigslist for cheap for the last 3 months, it seems more like 6 months.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Free 100g? Dam I would be luck to a 100g for 300, since there are few big fish enthusiasts here the prices are also really high for example currently on craigslist there's a acrylic tank with stand 200g for $4000 CRAZY!

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
I was pissed with the 72 cause someone else bought it cause there were gonna pick up tomorrow when I was gonna pick up on Saturday

Ah man, I hear you. But, I've been that seller, too. Sometimes people flake out so much you just want to get the next guy there as soon as possible. It can be a pain in the ass to sell on there as well. You never know what you're gonna get. Some sales go smooth, others grind on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store