Brown algae

Southern Rebel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2012
TN,USA
In my mbuna tank there is brown algae on my rocks. I have been trying to get green algae to grow for my Africans but its brown. How do I get green algae on my rock? Thanks

weichen14

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2013
NYC
I had a brown algae bloom right after my tank was cycled and it lasted for 1-2 months. I just kept the lights on a little longer everyday and changed the water more frequently; once a week was how often. Now finally the green algae overtook the brown. It's a little more slightly than brown.

Southern Rebel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2012
TN,USA
I had a brown algae bloom right after my tank was cycled and it lasted for 1-2 months. I just kept the lights on a little longer everyday and changed the water more frequently; once a week was how often. Now finally the green algae overtook the brown. It's a little more slightly than brown.
Thanks my tank has just cycled. I'll be patient lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Southern Rebel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2012
TN,USA
Its the led lights that Walmart sells for fish tanks

Sent from my SGH-I777 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
2500-3000k will work. Get a cfl and utility clamp light from Walmart or I can send you the green algae my algae scrubber harvests....

×Go S Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 7 wins in a row going on 8, see you in Texas boys!×

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store