what do irredecent sharks eat?

MikeGuerra

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2013
rockaway park ny
hi guys i just got a 10 inch irredesent shark but he isnt eating the shrinp and tilapia i feed my other fish....what should i be feeding him?

MikeGuerra

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2013
rockaway park ny
only 2 days lol........goin to the lfs tomorrow though so i wanted to know what to grab him im going to get him a few different thing to see what h takes ...just wanted some advice i never kept them before....are they in any way aggressive...havnt seen any sign yet been getting along great with my silver aro spotted gar and 2 poly endli. one of the polys i got 2 days ago with the id shark and i just notive he has 1 eye the other eye is completely gone.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
They will eat anything. mine took a good 3 week's to adjust didn't eat until settled. mine eats algae wafers too!

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
ID sharks are not aggressive, but as with any catfish, they can't be trusted with anything that will fit in their mouths. And as others have said, feeding shouldn't really be an issue once it is fully acclimated.

midnight_games

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2012
Albany, GA
Sometimes they have a tendency to "play dead" (lay on their' side) when you first introduced them...It's a defense mechanism they use until they are completely comfortable in a new set-up. They are opportunistic fish too and will eat anything they can fit in their' mouths.

Red16

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2013
Tyne And Wear, England
Mine used to eat most things, other fish included, but they went crazy for muscle, which is cheap and readily available from the supermarket, keep frozen and defrost them in hot water when needed. After feeding you could see lumps in the ID sharks stomach where they had gorged themselves!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store