Angelfish grow-out feeding schedule help!

drose11111

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2013
Maryland
Hello all,
This is my first post to this site and I came here looking for information, I was looking for some advice on a good feeding schedule for growing out juvenile angelfish in my 75 gallon. They are approximately quarter size, maybe a little larger. Will this feeding schedule be appropriate:

Monday
Flakes 3 PM, 5 PM, 8 PM
Tuesday
Flakes 3 PM, 5PM, Brine Shrimp 8 PM
Wednesday
Flakes 4 PM, Peas 8 PM
Thursday
Flakes 3 PM, 5 PM, Blood Worms 8 PM
Friday
Flakes 3 PM, 5 PM, 8 PM
Saturday
Flakes 9 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM, Brine Shrimp 8 PM
Sunday
Flakes 9 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM, Blood Worms 8 PM

I follow the general rules of small amounts of food at each feeding, no food hits the bottom, and 50% water changes bi-weekly (though i'm contemplating more). Any advice you can give me in this regard would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Weekdays sounds like a lot of feedings in a small window of time. Would be better for 1 in the morning instead of the 5 pm feeding the continue with 3pm and 8 pm.

drose11111

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2013
Maryland
The only time i could feed my tank in the morning would be around 7, and I have been playing with the idea of splitting my photoperiod to allow for this, do the lights have to be on for the feedings? and I have hikari cichlid pellets but I think they are too large I will experiment with maybe crumbling them to smaller sizes. Thank you for the responses keep them coming.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
You can turn lights on for 10-15 minutes just to feed. My fish will feed without light but ones without a timer know that its time to chow down when I turn on the light.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store